5th Annual Research Conference of the International Collaborative for Best Care for the Dying person
2018 | Buenos Aires, Argentina
“End of Life Care: promoting access with excellence”
5th to 9th November 2018 | Buenos Aires | Argentina
The conference will address three key themes: 1. Transforming healthcare through palliative and end of life care | 2. Communication at the heart of compassion and care | 3. Public engagement in palliative and end of life care.
For members of the International Collaborative, attendance at the ‘Compassion, Care and Clinical Excellence in Hospital Palliative Care’ conference is included within the Research Conference registration fee.
Abstracts are invited for poster or oral presentation on the subject of palliative and end of life care, including but not limited to the three key themes of the conference:
• Transforming healthcare
• Public engagement
An abstract proforma and associated guidance will be published, and an electronic version can be found, click here.
Completed abstracts should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, November 5 th
Morning & Afternoon | Clinical Day at Institute Pallium Latinoamérica + Eranet lac Code
Tuesday, November 6 th | Institute Pallium Latinoamérica
Morning & Afternoon | International Collaborative
24-Hour Research Meeting
Evening | Research Meeting Dinner
Wednesday , November 7 th | Institute Pallium Latinoamérica
Morning | International Collaborative
24-Hour Research Meeting
Afternoon | Executive Committee Lunch Meeting Members Annual General Meeting
Evening | Executive Committee Dinner
Thursday, November 8 th |
National Academy of Medicine
Morning sessions (In English with simultaneous Spanish translation)
9.00 am | Registration
9.30 am | Welcome “International Collaborative for the best care of the Dying person”, AAMYCP y Instituto Pallium Latinoamérica.
• Dr. Gustavo De Simone, President of Pallium Latinoamérica and Director End of Life Decisions CAEEM.
• Dra Isabel Pincemín, President of AAMyCP (Argentinian Association of Palliative Care).
• Dra. Vilma Tripodoro, Executive member of “The Collaborative”.
9.45 am | End of life care, International overview: The Collaborative vision and mission
• Professor John Ellershaw, University of Liverpool. Chair of “The Collaborative”.
10.15 am | The Sweden experience: the continuum of care
• Professor Carl Johan Fürst, Lund University, Sweden Vice Chair of “The Collaborative”.
10.45 am | Care of the Dying Evaluation. Advances of International Project ERANet LAC CODE (Europe and Latin America)
• Professor Dagny Faksvag Haugen, Bergen University, Norway.
11.15 am | Coffe break and poster viewing
11.45 am | Communication skills training: evidences and outcomes
• Dr. Susie Wilkinson, Director “Centre for Communication Skills Education & Training”, Liverpool, United Kingdom.
12.15 pm | Panel discussion
12.30 pm | Lunch
2.00 pm | Workshops
• Hydration and nutrition at the last days: what do you recommend?
Facilitators Prof. John Ellershaw and Catriona Mayland, University of Sheffield.
• Last days of life: outcomes evaluation
Facilitators Prof. Steffen Eichmüller and Dr. Sofía Zambrano, Universitary Palliative Care Centre, Bern University, Switzerland.
• Education in palliative care: learning outcomes evaluation Dr. Stephen Mason, Liverpool, University, United Kingdom and Dr. Gustavo De Simone, Pallium Latin America.
3.00 pm | 3 Oral presentation
Coordinators:Grethe Skorpen Iverson, Regional Centre of Excellence for Palliative Care, Western Norway and Prof. Mark Boughey,Melbourne University, Australia.
4.00 pm | Coffe break
4.20 pm | The essence of Palliative Care Dr Mary Baines
Emeritus Consultant at St Christopher's Hospice
4.40 pm | Final discussion and conclusions. Honoured Diplomas and Presentation of Prizes
5.00 pm | Close
Friday, November 9th | National Academy of Medicine
Conference and workshop in Spanish
9.00 am | Presentation First Argentinian Research Conference in Palliative Care
9.15 am | The Complexity in Palliative care: research and evaluation tools
• Dr. Marisa Martín Roselló, Cudeca, Málaga, Spain and Collaborative member.
• RN José Manuel Lapeira
9.45 am | National Cancer Institute Public Research Policy
10.15 am | Palliative Care Quality Research initiatives in Children
10.45 am | Coffe break
11.15 am | 3 Oral selected presentations
• Coordinators: Dr. Mariela Bertolino, Hospital Tornú, FEMEBA, Dr. Natalia Luxardo, CONICET and Dr. Marina Kohoury, Instituto de Investigaciones Médicas Alfredo Lanari (University of Buenos Aires)
11.30 pm | Lunch
2.00 pm | Workshops: National Research projects in progress
• Care and carelessness in health: Red Argentina Investigaciones en Cuidados en Salud (RAICES) Dr. Ana Domínguez Mon. Instituto Gino Germani, University of Buenos Aires.
• CRONAPAL: Grupo de investigación abierto y colaborativo de la AAMYCP para el estudio de las Enfermedades Crónicas Avanzadas con necesidades de Atención Paliativa en Argentina Dr. Vilma Tripodoro, Instituto de Investigaciones Médicas Alfredo Lanari, University of Buenos Aires and Instituto Pallium Latinoamérica..
• Instituto de Investigaciones Médicas Alfredo Lanari, University of Buenos Aires and Instituto Pallium Latinoamérica. de Dr. Gustavo de Simone, Dra. Margarita Bosch, Prof. Dr. Jorge Manrique.